Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
149 Doctors are Online

Got tubes blocked, some information to unblock the tubes

i got my tubes blocked in 2007 so now i can t have kids but now i would like them unblocked and would like some information on how to do so.
Asked On : Sun, 11 Mar 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  81
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
OBGYN 's  Response
Hello mam, there are two options for you. One is a procedure called recanalization which is opening the blocked tubes by cutting the damaged part and rejoining the healthy ones. In this case I would like to know your age and method of sterilization. Laparoscpic sterilization has best prognosis and better if done before age of 30 years. Second option is IVF(test tube baby) in which your wife will be given certain pills and injections and then her eggs will be taken out and mixed with your semen And a baby is made outside and placed in her uterus. This is a costly procedure involving multiple hospital visits.
Answered: Thu, 20 Mar 2014
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor