Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
122 Doctors are Online

Got treatment for sunburn. Now having a brown spot, skin peeling, cracks appearing, hotness in the area. Suggestions?

Hi, I am from uk and since my we moved here every summer my daughter skin that gets exposed sun has been showing burns specially delicate skin around the eyes. We saw the doctors but they only went on telling us it is eczema . Then we went to India and met a skin specialist and she was treated with steroids for UV rays allergy and it worked and we started applying spf50 in every summer and gave her hats etc and now she doesn t have these burns but sometimes gets whitish spots and they get dissolved. Now this year a spot comes on her body within 24 hours it turns into a burn and skin peels off and big cracks appear as if lava came out and dried and that particular place is hot and she complains hot hot on that area. We saw the dermatologists in uk but they advised us to ignore. I cannot can anybody help
Asked On : Thu, 8 Nov 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  48
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Dermatologist 's  Response
Hi, you need not worry the main reason for this complains seems that her skin is probably very dry, I would recommend you to use a good moistoriser on a daily basis along with a mild steroid like a fluticasone cream which could solve her problem. use of a sunscreen while in hot climate.
take care
Answered: Sat, 24 Nov 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor