Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
143 Doctors are Online

Got suicidal tendencies and unable to control anger. What's wrong with me?

i m suffering my anger, and have got suicidal tendencies. i have a gf of 4 years, and when ever i land into any argument with some1 only she is able to calm me down, help me basically. she is like a force who calms me down. i want to know what is wrong with me?? even my parents cant help me nor control my anger. it s like in anger i don t know what i feel or do, its just an instant without conscience..... i also feel like keep hitting things to let my anger out but my gf stops me.
Asked On : Tue, 22 Jan 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  16
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
Psychiatrist 's  Response
Thanks for your query. On going through your symptoms, it appears you have pathological personality traits. The other alternative could be mild mood fluctuations refereed to as cyclothymia. Hence, i would advise you to undergo a thorough psychiatric evaluation as well as personality profiling so that above disorders can be ruled out. Effective anti-aggression agents like mood stabilisers and beta blockers are available to deal with the condition. Avoid any substances of abuse as they may worsen your state. Wish you speedy recovery.
Dr Sundar
Answered: Tue, 22 Jan 2013
I find this answer helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor