Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
196 Doctors are Online

Got rash like mosquito bites over full body, itchy, reappearing after shower. What are these?

i have been getting mosquito like bites after i shower. Usually around my stomach , behind my knees, inner thigh, around the buttock and sometimes in the underarm area. These mosquito like bumps to itch and are only visible for about an hour. Then they dissapper and reappear after i shower. please help, getting concerned.
Asked On : Thu, 7 Feb 2013
Answers:  3 Views:  681
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Hello and welcome to HCM.

Thanks for your query.

According to your description you could have the following:
-an allergic reaction to some thing you come in contact with (accessory) during your shower
-Scabies (itch mite) requiring a visit to a dermatologist (but does not dissappear)
-A rash which is a symptom of some other underlying infection (requires examination of the type of rash by a doctor)

Either way please visit a doctor at the earliest for proper examination, diagnosis and treatment of your condition.

Feel free to write back to us for any further clarifications.

Best wishes.
Answered: Thu, 7 Feb 2013
I find this answer helpful

4 Doctors agree with this answer

Dermatologist Dr. Neera Kataria's  Response
Hi, from your description it appears as if you have urticaria. it may be due to recent change of soap or body scrub or even a change of place. take anti allergic tablets to get symptomatic relief. contact a dermatologist for medication
Answered: Thu, 7 Feb 2013
I find this answer helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

General & Family Physician Dr. Zainab Hassanali's  Response
welcome to healthcare magic,
from the description of your symptoms, it seems you are allergic to the soap that you are using,
the water that you use is it fresh water or borehole water, if borehole then it can cause you to have that type of itchy rash.
would suggest if you can be seen by the dermatologist for review and appropriate treatment.
Answered: Thu, 7 Feb 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor