Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
141 Doctors are Online

Got knucle cut from a can opener. Done X-ray and bonded it. Blood dripping next morning. Painful. What should I do?

About 2 months ago I cut my knuckle from a can opener. At the hospital they x-rayed it and then bonded it. By the next morning it was dripping blood . I wrapped it and returned to the hospital. Now I have a protruding area of skin in a circular shape that is very painful when it is hit, after typing and using a pen to write as the pen gets in the way of the bump. What should I do?
Asked On : Thu, 28 Jun 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  46
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Procedures
Lab Tests
Medical Topics
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Thanks for writing in.
I think you have developed a haematoma ( collection of blood) which may have become infected. Depending on the consistency of the lump that you have, this needs to be drained and/ or antibiotics need to be started.
This needs treatment because the infection will spread and then you'll need a proper incision and drainage procedure. Please visit a surgeon and get it treated.
Hope this helps
Answered: Thu, 28 Jun 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor