Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
152 Doctors are Online

Got hit on chest with a soccer ball. Have diagnosis report. Can any online doctor help me in reading it?

Im doing a case study where an obese 16 year old boy gets hit in the chest with a soccer ball. 2weeks later he has chest pain , headache , neck pain which gets worse with walking, ESR is 20mm, fever 101.2 elevated ST in the inferolateral leads, left axis deviation, heart is slightly enlarged. Is the diagnosis MI? Differential diagnosis?
Asked On : Fri, 11 Oct 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  44
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Radiologist 's  Response
Apr 2014
Thanks for writing to HCM

Most likely boy is suffering from cardiac contusion resulting from trauma.
History of patient indicate towards this.
His age doesn't support full thickness myocardial infarction.
Other differential diagnosis are myocarditis,hyperkalemia,pulmonary embolism etc.
He need proper clinical examination and further investigation.

Take Care
Dr.Indu Bhushan
Answered: Sat, 23 Nov 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor