Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
125 Doctors are Online

Got hit in ear. Now cant hear properly. What should be done?

My husband was playing racquetball about an hour agao and he got hit in the left ear with the ball. He said it hurt really bad when it happened but not so much now. The problem is, now he can t hear very well in that ear. He also has a ringing in the ear as well. Could he have ruptured his eardrum? What should he do? Would ice help?
Asked On : Thu, 13 Dec 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  1152
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
General & Family Physician 's  Response
The hit has resulted in compression of eardrum and this is causing pain and ringing sensations in ear.
In such cases one normally finds problems in hearing for few days but eventually becomes all right.however in few cases the ear drum can get ruptured.If the perforation or rupture is small ,it gets healed up of its own in couple of weeks but if it is big then medical intervention is required.
Best would be to consult an ENT specialist and get the ear examined.
Best of luck
Answered: Fri, 14 Dec 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor