Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
150 Doctors are Online

Got helix pierced, a lump growing on back of piercing, puss, bleed. What should i do?

hi, I got my helix pierced about 7 weeks ago. i noticed a lump growing on the back of the piercing about a week or so after that. it wasnt sore and it did not puss or bleed . i went to see a piercer and they took 1 look at it and said it was keloiding and to use aspirin paste as well as the sea salt soaks i was already doing. every now and then it reduces in size but then it gets bigger again. it is now about 5mm in diameter and has recently started to puss and bleed (ive read somewhere that keloids do neither). i was wondering what i should do? should i go see my doctor?
Asked On : Tue, 5 Mar 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  19
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
Infectious Diseases Specialist 's  Response
Hi Thomas
Welcome to Healthcaremagic.
I still think it to be a keloid. The site you described is very prone for keloid development. It may sometimes get infected resulting in abscess formation.
Visit a general surgeon. He will guide you through the right path.
All the best....
Answered: Fri, 2 Aug 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor