Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
138 Doctors are Online

Got head injury. Noticed redness on scalp, feeling dizziness, nausea with severe headache. Serious problem?

Hi. I am 42 years of age. Last night I hit my head on the corner of the wall. I now have a red line on my scalp , but it is not an open wound. I went to bed, because I was very dizzy; naseuas feeling, It felt as if m head was heavy; with severe headaches .! I still am feeling this way now. Plus my eye has bruised black and blue. What can you tell me that will let me know what is happening.
Asked On : Wed, 30 Jan 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  49
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Emergency Medicine Specialist 's  Response
Hello and welcome to healthcare magic.Thanks for your query

You have sustained a head injury with a bruise on the scalp, followed by symptoms like nausea, severe headache, dizziness and a black eye.

Some of these symptoms are serious and necessitate a further evaluation. So, I would suggest you to seek emergency medical help, which will include a thorough physical examination, x ray skull and if required, CT brain.

Other danger signs to watch for are loss of conciousness, convulsions, amnesia (brief loss of memory), bleeding from nose / ears / mouth and weakness or numbness of any part of the body.

Dr. Sheeba Stephen
Emergency Medicine Specialist
Answered: Wed, 30 Jan 2013
I find this answer helpful

2 Doctors agree with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor