Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
165 Doctors are Online

Got cardiac arrest with arteries blocked, underdone angioplasty, stenting, creatinine high. Can it lead to kidney problem?

Hi.. Good noon.. My brother is 41 year old, just fifteen days before he got a cardiac arrest with two arteries blocked and now undergone with angioplasty and stenting.. now he is recovering himself.. but doctor also asked us to meet nephrologist because his Urea creatinine was high ie. 3.7 and my brother even undergone dialysis because of the same reason... As per the diagnosis we consulted nephrologist too. but they were not very clear about the kidney problem. max to max they could bring down Urea creatinine to 2.6, so I just want to know that whether my brother really has a kidney problem, whether it is acute or chronic.. and even his sugar levels are not decreasing and he is been prescribed to take insulin for sugars(ie..Human Actrapid insulin 3 times and Human insulatard 1 time a day).. Please do carify my doubts and do the needfu
Asked On : Wed, 17 Apr 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  40
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures
Medical Topics
Urologist 's  Response
welcome to the forum.
There could have pre-existing damage due to diabetes.
In addition, he has developed contrast nephropathy due to i.v contrast.
Only time can say how much his kidney will recover.
Keep in touch with your nephrologist.
best regards
Answered: Wed, 17 Apr 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor