Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
141 Doctors are Online

Got bumps after sex. Is it yeast infection or something else?

Hi I been having discharge for a week and a half and a couple days ago my boyfriend of three years, we had sex and my skin was rubbing on his and after I found 2 bumps the next day it was a little more white bumps can this be a yeast infection herpes or warts.. I fit tested last month and i didn't have anything and my boyfriend got tested a couple weeks ago and he didn't have anything.. Also i was the only one who got bumps after sex and he was cleared.. What's the difference between a yeast infection or, herpes our warts
Asked On : Mon, 22 Apr 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  20
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Infectious Diseases Specialist 's  Response
Hi Chris,
The diseases you mentioned in your query are all sexually transmitted diseases.
Yeast infection or candidiasis is afungal infection which is associated with thick, white curdy discharge and could be foul smelling
Herpes infection is a viral infection which presents as fluid filled blebs,which are painful and itchy. These vesicles or blebs break to form small ulcers which heal leaving no scar
Warts are also caused by a virus called human papilloma virus and usually do not have any symptoms
I hope I have sufficiently differenciated the different infections you had doubts about.
I appreciate the fact that both you and your partner had a STD screen test.
Answered: Mon, 22 Apr 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor