Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
168 Doctors are Online

Got blood work report. What other condition could i have?

I just received a copy of a letter sent to my family Dr regarding my blood work. I know about my thalassemia and low hg but I m wondering what other condition I could have. "Please note her blood work shows evidence of her known thalessemia with microcytic anemia with a Hb of 103. The hypochromia and elliptocytes can also go with the thalessemia but NOT necessarily the stomatocytes (infers change in permeability of RBC ), the myelocytes or increased platelets. In fact the platelets are usually normal or decreased with thalassemia."
Asked On : Sun, 13 Oct 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  14
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Pulmonologist 's  Response
What the report mean is that you are a known thallesemic and the abnormalities that is seen in your blood cells is in line with your disease however there is some abnormal cells seen that are not compatible with your thallesemia and could be some other condition along with it that should be sought for
Answered: Mon, 28 Oct 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor