Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
136 Doctors are Online

Got blisters due to a burn, now it is bruised, purple. Should I take antibiotics?

Hello, I have accidnetly burnt myself on a straighter the other day. I got 4 blisters in 5 seconds. its bruised, purple, and Nasty. my mom is in college wanting o be a nurse. shes had expierences. and we both dont know what to do? Is it worth going to the E.R? if I do will I most likely be admitted and be put on antibiotics? Its pretty deep. and I feel like I could like im gonna throw up or pass out.. The burn is on my left shoulder. There was one lady from my church who got a little cut it got infected and and shes been in the hospital since christmas. and has had surgeries, and many surgeries. My mom says its already infected. its really red around the area. what do we do?
Asked On : Thu, 18 Apr 2013
Answers:  2 Views:  79
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures
General Surgeon 's  Response

Thank you for the query.

If you feel this is a deep burn, you definitely should visit a doctor. Depending of the area of burn and grade, you may be admitted to the hospital indeed. Not only because of the infection (with burning this is not the main problem) but because you may not be able to handle the pain, get hydrated property (burn wound is the area when lots of fluids gets out of the body). Moreover, skin grafts might be necessary (depending of the grade of burn).
So I`m kindly asking you to visit your doctor as soon as possible.

Hope this will help.
Answered: Fri, 19 Apr 2013
I find this answer helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

General Surgeon Dr. Ivan R. Rommstein's  Response
Apr 2013
Hi and welcome to HCM.
It sounds like 1 and 2. degree burn. It usually heals with no consequences,but if become infected it must be treated by antibiotics. You dont have to go to ER,but visit your GP. He can give you antibiotic or local applying cream as well. Surgery wont definitely be necessary. Wish you good health.
Answered: Thu, 18 Apr 2013
I find this answer helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor