Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
173 Doctors are Online

Got blister on a spider bite with headache and dizziness. What to do?

I think I was bit by a spider Friday night. The bite has turned into a blister and it is oozing. Should I pop the blister or just leave it? I don t think it was a brown recluse, but I am not sure. I have a headache , I m dizzy and have an upset stomach . I want to wait to call my doc tomorrow, but thought I would ask you...
Asked On : Thu, 2 Aug 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  137
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Dermatologist 's  Response
Welcome to Healthcare Magic Forum

Looks like you have developed a lesion of Vector dermatitis, also known as Paederus dermatitis..
Paederus dermatitis is a peculiar, irritant contact dermatitis characterized by a sudden onset of red lesions on exposed areas of the body.
The disease is provoked by an insect belonging to the genus Paederus.
You need to apply an antibiotic/steroid combination cream over the lesion twice a day.
Take oral antihistamine to decrease the swelling.

Do not use any moisturizer or oils till the time the lesion heals .
If the lesions continue to increase inspite of the above treatment, then you might have to see a dermatologist as in severe cases, short term courses of oral antibiotics or oral steroids may be required.

Hope it helps
Wishing you speedy recovery
Dr Geetika Paul
Answered: Fri, 22 Nov 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor