Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
130 Doctors are Online

Got beaten up, severe puches on head, hurts, swelling. What kind of injury can be formed?

Someone in my family got beaten up really bad. She is a 52 yr old female. This happened over a month ago. She got several severe punches on her head apart from other parts of the body. The next few days, she got a swelling on her head that hurt. Now, she has been complaining of constant severe headaches since a month every time she bows her head down while bending. I think it mainly hurt between her ears. Can you tell me what kind of injury she may have suffered and what should she do now.
Asked On : Sun, 14 Apr 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  20
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Neurologist 's  Response
Nov 2013
Hi Urvashi,

Thank you for posting your query.

I have noted the complaints as you mentioned above.

We need to perform a CT scan of the brain to exclude any internal brain injury, as well as any base of skull fracture. The chances of both these are less, but since her symptoms are persisting, doing a CT scan is the best option.

Please keep me informed of the reports.

Please get back if you require any additional information.

Best wishes,

Dr Sudhir Kumar MD (Internal Medicine), DM (Neurology)

Senior Consultant Neurologist

Apollo Hospitals, Hyderabad,

My personal URL on this website:

My email:
Answered: Tue, 16 Apr 2013
I find this answer helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor