Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
143 Doctors are Online

Got and Xray done for scoliosis, showed circular blob under rib cage, painful area. What can the blob be?

Hi, I just got an x-ray of my back for scoliosis , and on the x-ray it showed up that I had a little circular blob under my right rib cage. To add to that, I ve been having ongoing pain in that exact area since September. I had an x-ray done of my abdomen back in October, but it showed nothing; neither did the ultrasound . What is the blob, and should I go to my doctor?
Asked On : Thu, 26 Jul 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  18
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Lab Tests
Internal Medicine Specialist 's  Response
Hi friend,

Thanks for your query.

I wish you had quoted the exact words of the X-ray report. Further, you have not mentioned if you have additional problems- apart from local pain overlying the 'blob'- such as low grade fever, weight loss, loss of appetite at present or sometime in the past.

However, from the brief information provided, the 'blob' may be a lesion (probably old, but a fresh lesion cannot be ruled out) in the right lung or in the cavity which surrounds the right lung.

I feel that you should get a CT/MRI scan done, which will throw light on the nature of the lesion. Please consult your treating doctor who will take necessary actions.

Dr. Rakesh Karanwal
Answered: Thu, 17 Oct 2013
I find this answer helpful

 1 user finds this helpful

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor