Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
158 Doctors are Online

Good surgeon for basal cell morphiaform carcinoma

I have basal cell morphiaform carcinoma on my nose. I'm a fairly young woman and feel horrified thinking about what I'll look like after a mms procedure which my dr. has recommended. There's a big chance that a large section of my nose will be gone. Where do I go with this? Is there reconstructive plastic surgery to create a normal looking nose? I'm not sure yet how much bone may be affected but a lot of cartilage will be removed. I know I'm more that my physical appearance but I've been told my whole life what a really pretty girl I am and I'm about to look like a monster and don't know if there's any hope for normalcy again and what I should be doing know and where to find the best reconstructive surgeon. I really need help. Thanks!
Asked On : Mon, 30 Aug 2010
Answers:  1 Views:  444
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Procedures
General & Family Physician 's  Response
after most surgeries for cancer there are reconstructive surgeries that can be done once the wound from the primary surgery heals well and all the tumor tissue is removed.
medicine is very advanced now.
consult your treating doctor with your query. tell him or her your doubts and the options you have in mind.
i hope i have answered your query.
take care and wishing you a speedy recovery
Answered: Thu, 1 Sep 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor