Good eveing. Today my doctor discontinued my metformin 500 bid.

Good eveing. Today my doctor discontinued my metformin 500 bid. He is looking for reason for my diarrhea. Has had several tests done on stool to see why I was having the diarrhea. All tests negative. was put on metformin in 2002. I also have IBS long term since 1980s.. Guess I should tell you I'm 79 yrs old. I also have Stent in RCA which has been controlled with vasodilator. ;also GERDS; History of Pulmonary embolism which is being treated with Anticoagulation; >Hx of colonic polyps; Rt TKR; stress incontinence; Vertigo;hypertension. Today because of diarrhea my doctor is discontinuing the metform and has ordered Glimepiride. Lab tests in last three weeks my FBS was 94, HbA1C 6.2; lipid profile 143; good 65, bad 68.Diabetes diagnosed at age 60. Meds not ordered until 2002. I do gluclose monitoring daily. My reason for checking into this is when I got my Glimepiride I read the drug description. Dont understand all it is telling me. I get impression I need to be on calorie (?) diet, which I have never been on and was not offered today. The drug description encourages a few other things need to be closely monitored. The descriptions offers no suggestions. Where can I find those and more information to help make this more douable. Thank you
Fri, 28 Sep 2018