Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
159 Doctors are Online

Gonorrhea due to sex. The disease is not cleared as said by the physician. Can it be true?

my husband had affair 18 months ago, and got gonorrhea , he recieved medication , today he went to clinic and they told him he has a mild gonorrhea and did he go back for a follow up when he first got it in 18 months, he said he didnt as he thought the tablets cleared it , he told them he has only has sex with me since the affair, obviously i have gone mad over this and dont believe him but he insists he hasnt has intercourse since only with me . The clinic says he might not have cleared up , is this true
Asked On : Fri, 29 Jun 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  39
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
Urologist 's  Response
Jul 2016
Thanks for your query,based on the facts that you have posted it appears that your husband has acquired Gonorrhoea after having sex with other woman which was treated with antibiotics

.However during his recent visit your Dr has reported it to be incompletely cured Iit is possible that it has not been completely cured .

This is known fact that infection remains dormant for couple of months and recurs again without any sexual contact especially if the Gonococcal infection is incompletely and iltreated
Answered: Sun, 13 Apr 2014
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor