Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
134 Doctors are Online

Golf sized lump between shoulder blade and armpit

I Have noticed a hard lump about the size of a golf ball between my shoulder blade and my armpit.I am male and 55years old.Should this be cause for concern?
Asked On : Sun, 18 Mar 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  238
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Topics
Dermatologist 's  Response

Looks like you have a lipoma.

It is a benign collection of fat cells.
It can usually be left on its own if it is not causing any trouble.

But if there is any associated pain or there is any sudden increase in size, then you can see a dermatologist or a surgeon for its removal.

Hope it helps,

Dr Geetika Paul

MD ( Dermatology)
Answered: Tue, 19 Nov 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor