Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
188 Doctors are Online

Giving Pro nan 2 to babies. What supplementary food to give?

Dear Doctor i have my twins born as pre term babies on jan 12, the born wait is 1.50 now they are still 9kgs . What sort of foods can we give .. as of now i give them pro nan 2.. can i replace it with aavin milk or what are the old good supplementary food which i can give... secondly can i give any vitamins tonic ... thirdly can i give them eggs and fish and meats... pls suggest. also find difference between both their weight
Asked On : Sat, 12 Jan 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  236
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Pediatrician 's  Response

Thank you for your query.

Yes, you can replace Nan 2 with Aavin milk. At one year of age the children should be eating a normal diet and if they are not being given then they should be encouraged to have meals from the family pot. They can have eggs, poultry and other non-vegetarian meals.

They can be given vitamin supplements if they are not receiving a normal diet.

There shall always be a differnce in the weight of the twins.

I hope I have responded to your query to your satisfaction.

Wishing your babies all the best.a


Answered: Sun, 13 Jan 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor