Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
143 Doctors are Online

Give a proper food diet for a 4 months old baby

Hi, my baby is 4 months old. Can we start giving him Cerelac stage 1. At what age should we ideally start the solid foods. ---- Harish
Asked On : Fri, 25 Mar 2011
Answers:  2 Views:  579
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Topics
  User's Response
From 4 th month one can start giving solid foods to baby,but ideally from 6 month.
Gradually mother milk is to be replaced by solid food.
Soft rice dal &ghee is the best food for growing baby.As he grows pieces of chapati mixed with milk also be given.
Soups of vegetables,banana,smashed potato,dalia,fruit juice are the other options.
Answered: Thu, 21 Jul 2011
Pediatrician, Infectious Diseases Dr. Hema Yadav's  Response
Hi . All over the world it is recommended to giv only breastmilk till 6 mths of age.plz do not startanything cerelac or juice b4 that.wait for two months
.Plz take a good pediatricians advice only for betterment of ur child.
Answered: Thu, 21 Jul 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor