Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
163 Doctors are Online

Girlish natured boy, with thin voice and shy in nature, undergoing a lot of mental stress. Suggestion?

I have one friend.he is a male.his problem is he feels that he is like a girl.he has attraction to boys.but he also sometimes like girls.he is very shy in nature.if he goes in a gathering of 5-6 persons, he cannot speak anything. his voice is very thin like girls. so he feels very shy and guilty to speak over phones and in normal also. because other persons laugh at him. he always live in a very mental stress . what is his problem?
Asked On : Thu, 14 Feb 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  18
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
Psychiatrist 's  Response
Jun 2013
Hi there ~

Such problems during childhood are common and usually resolve when children hit puberty. Nevertheless, the fact that you have noticed it is of concern and to relieve the stress that your friend I would advice you to take him to a psychiatrist to get his problems resolved. There are many conditions that present this way and it could only be hormonal for all that. If there is emotional and psychological issues involved, it would need the expert opinion of a psychiatrist. I hope this helps.

Take care and have a lovely day !
Answered: Fri, 15 Feb 2013
I find this answer helpful

2 Doctors agree with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor