Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
182 Doctors are Online

Girl has problem in hand, speech, brother has choreia. Any problem in future?

my son has fallen in love with agirl whose brother suffers from choreia . Isn,t it dangerous for him to marry that lady? I mean the heridatery factor .IS IT POSSIBLE TO FIND OUT IT THROUH ANALYSES? DEAR doctor my son is 35 years old.he wants to mary agirl who has a slight problem in her right hand and also in speech. The thing is that the girl, brother suffers from vivid choreia on left side. What are we to expect if he really marries the girl?
Asked On : Thu, 15 Nov 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  22
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Psychologist 's  Response
Dec 2015
Welcome to HCM
We understand your concerns

I went through your problem description. You have nothing to worry, I feel.

Chorea is an abnormal involuntary movement disorder, and is a neurological disorder. It shows genetical affiliation only with Wilson's disease, a genetic disorder that leads to toxic levels of copper in the body.

You can have the girl checked for that. But it is better to give them permission if they are already determined. You cannot foresee what is going to happen in the future and therefore, don't try to foresee their future. That can cause unnecessary anxiety. They know how to live their life. Please understand.

Hope this answers your query. Available for further clarifications.
Good luck.
Answered: Tue, 17 Sep 2013
I find this answer helpful

 1 user finds this helpful

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor