Getting treatment for epidermal orchitis. Persistent pain and swelling. Any ill effect in future?

Hello doctor...
My boyfriend is suffering from epidermis orchitis which got detected in last 3 days..he is being treated medically but still pain persists and swelling remains.
How long will it take to cure d swelling as well as the pain??Are there any chances of any further affects of the disease in the future after being treated now?Is this a matter of real attention in future?Will it affect his fertile life?What are the precautions to be taken to avoid such disease in future again???
Fri, 3 May 2013