Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
170 Doctors are Online

Getting treated for amoebic dysetery with norflox. Complains of nausea and hiccups. Medicine to be stopped? Have hypertension and diabetes

to treat a bout of amoebic dysentery( 3 times a day a 50 yr. old diabetic male also having blood pressure complications, was prescribed by Physician NORFLOX-TZ tablets NORFLOX-TZ tablets twice a day after meals. The patient is complaining of nauseating tendency accompanied by continuous hiccups as well as gastric disorder. Pl. advise me whether, NORFLOX-TZ tablets should be discontinued forthwith.
Asked On : Tue, 18 Dec 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  119
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Dear Concerned.,

Thanks for writing to us.,

Being a diabetic and hypertensive , you have not indicated your BP reading and your FBS and PPBS levels.

Please get your BP and glycemic status checked including HbA1C levels. Try to control hypertension as well.

The most important of all investigations is Stools for routine/microscopy/culture if possible. The causative microbe has to be found out and then evidence based therapy be instituted by the MD.

Pls keep the PPBS levels within 200 mg % maximum and FBS at 126 mg% maximum. BP to be maintained within 140/90 mmHg at the max.

The symptoms of continuous hic ups and nauseating sensation are due to Tinidazole Component in Norflox TZ medication.

The reports of investigations will ascertain the type of mixed infection in the gut. Kindly carry the reports to your MD who will decide on the type of intestinal and tissue amoebicide. In addition an antibacterial /antacid/H2 receptor antagonist/Probiotic/ORS will eventually cure your present condition.

You are hereby advised to keep your BP and Diabetes under constant control in addition to strict personal hygeine to prevent further infections.

wishing you a speedy recovery.,

Best regards.,

Dr Lt Cdr ASN Bhushan,


Answered: Tue, 18 Dec 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor