Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
158 Doctors are Online

Getting tooth pain due to decay. Is my sugar levels high?

I am getting tooth pain since from three day means already it decayed and what is my doubt is before 6month when i went to dr. he told the first we should do sugar test then i have given sugar test and the reading is 165 after 2 hours lunch and the next day i have given sugar test fasting and posting test fasting was 180 and posting 279 and i want to clear my doubt whether i am diabetic patient what i mean to say is before day it 165 and very next day the reading can be that high before day only it can show stead of 165 some 200 like that no.
Asked On : Mon, 25 Mar 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  20
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Internal Medicine Specialist 's  Response
Welcome to HCM,
If the readings are correct for FBS and PPBS then you are definitely diabetic as FBS>125 mg and PPBS > 200 mg/dl is criteria for diabetes.
Your first reading is random blood sugar which is 165 mg/dl, that is why we conform by FBS and PPBS if you have any doubt please get test repeated from good Lab and then take proper treatment from Physician and also take care of your toothache if it is badly diseased it may require extraction under antibiotic cover.
Please do not worry fluctuations in blood sugar level do occur.
Take care
Good Luck.
Answered: Mon, 25 Mar 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor