Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
169 Doctors are Online

Getting old ulcer pains. Advised test for colonic cancer. Any painless way of testing?

just had flu and lost a stone in 7 days(from13stone 10 lbs to12stone 10lbs) now getting old ulcer pains but doctor now wants me to have tests for cancers-colonic and down the throat camera procedures.are there no other less painfull ways of checking for cancers like blood tests.why not try to assess if old duodeanal ulcer has flared up.i shouldv say here i was off my food whilst i had the flu virus.i am now eating normally but dull ache of familiar ulcer pains still persist
Asked On : Sun, 3 Feb 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  26
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures
Oncologist, Radiation 's  Response
ulcer may be gastric or duodenal. nonspecific abdominal symptoms should always be dealt carefully. what your doctor has suggested is the right decision in my opinion. some blood tests like CEA can give a clue but not diagnostic. do not worry upper G-I endoscopy , colonoscopy are painless. proper local anesthesia is required. consult you doctor.
Answered: Mon, 4 Feb 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor