Getting numbness in feet, pain in leg and lower back. Any cure?

i have been getting pain in my right leg and lower back at times... The last time i got it i had difficulty moving my right leg and had some pain in the mentioned areas.. Again now am getting a littile numbness in my right hand and right feet . Numbness has been there for about an 1hr to 2hrs. Are these two a result of the same problem and what should i do about it... Thankyou
Fri, 28 Dec 2012
Radiologist 's  Response
Hi, welcome to HCM.
Lower limb numbness is due to lumbar disc herniation. However problem on hands is related to cervical disc.
These two symptoms are having different pathology.
You need to do MRI SPINE lumbar area. It will definitely diagnose the cause of lower limb numbness.
It will better to consult board certified orthopaedician and get evaluated in details. So it help in deciding spectrum of investigations depending on severity.

Hope I have answered your query.
Regards.
Orthopaedic Surgeon Dr. Kanav Padha's  Response
hello mariyam,
the pain in the back and right leg are related and most likely due to disc disease or degenerative spine disease of lumbar spine ( lower back region) , both can cause sciatic nerve or nerve root compression. the numbness which you are experiencing in the right hand now can also be related to the similar pathology but of cervical spine (neck region). better consult a orthopedic surgeon.
take care