Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
157 Doctors are Online

Getting headache in the temple area. Reason and proper treatment?

Hello I am looking for the best answer for my wife please help my wife as been getting these headaches in the temple area and feel thorb like pain and presure where she wants to cry she has taken pain pills but it will go away and come back a day or two later she gets that from time to time but just now she feels throb like pain in back of her head she can t even fall asleep she as never hurt her head anything like that please help me thank you
Asked On : Mon, 21 Jan 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  48
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Hello and welcome,

Thanks for your query.

If we could get your wife's age and menstrual history, it would help a lot. But, I shall try my best to provide you with information due to the distress your wife is in at present.

This headache could be many different things. You need to ask your wife more questions which would help in establishing a diagnosis.

Headaches are common in women, which are related to their menstrual cycles. Headaches called Migraines are common with women approaching menopause (also called peri-menopause) and also among woman between 20-30 years of age.

These headaches have a typical sequence, a pre-migraine headache which appears before the main migraine headache and is much milder than the migraine. This is also accompanied by black-outs at time. Patients experiencing migraine attacks also have photophobia (irritation or decreased tolerance to light) and also to noise.

Migraine has also found to have a triggering factor in different patients. For some it is stress, whereas for others it is related to diet (prolonged periods of starvation, or over-eating), weather, etc. Once we establish a diagnosis of migraine, we can then talk to the patient and try to figure out the triggering factor, and thus avoid it. This is a condition which is treatable and avoidable. Please seek medical attention and your wife can be migraine free.

There are many other causes to headaches, changes in weight, changes in eye power (vision), etc.

There could also be internal causes (in and around the brain) that could cause severe headaches.

Kindly seek medical attention and take your wife to a doctor for treatment. I would also request you to refrain from taking and over-the-counter pain killers just to give temporary relief and visit a doctor who would advise treatment suiting the condition she has.

I hope I have succeeded in answering your questions, you could write back to us anytime for further clarifications.

Best wishes.
Answered: Mon, 21 Jan 2013
I find this answer helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor