Getting headache and blurred vision. Suspected for idiopathic intracranial hypertension. Looking for second opinion

Hi I am currently undergoing tests as I keep getting headaches and feeling like my head is full. I was getting flashing dots and slight blurring. too in my visions I am overweight so my neurologist thought it was IIH but my had a lumbar puncture last weds and my opening pressure was normal. I have also been confirmed with having papilladema too. Since my LP the flashing and blurring has stopped but they said it cant be IIH. What else could it be? I m so scared and all this waiting is driving me crazy. I have had a CT scan and that was clear. I am still waiting for my MRI results. my emails address is YYYY@YYYY thank you
Sat, 2 Mar 2013
Truly sorry about the headaches...i understand how painful headaches can be.
All the symptoms you mentioned are almost in keeping with IIH. The relieve of symptoms after LP,the presence of papilledema is suggestive of IIH.This condition is also commoner in females who are obese. I agree with the diagnosis of the other doctors but lets wait for the MRI that should show if there is any other thing that is causing the increased intracranial pressure.
Thank You.Wishing you good health