Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
151 Doctors are Online

Getting chills, cold and numb palms, puking after an alcohol binge. Recommendations?

I have a 26 year old boyfriend who has been on an all alcohol drinking binge for the last 72 hours and today is his first day being sober again however for the last half hour his heart has been racing he gets chills which make him sweaty and then cold his palms are more sweaty and his hands have become somewhat numb with a tingly feeling just before. He hasn t eaten at all the past few days and has repeatedly puked. Help?
Asked On : Tue, 12 Mar 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  193
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Hi Summer,

I read your query with diligence. Seems like the alcohol binge has got on the health of your boyfriend. Added to it, he has not eaten at all.

He most probably has these now:

1. Electrolyte imbalance
2. Dehydration
3. Hypothermia due to alcohol consumption

We need to correct his fluid and electrolyte immediately. Please make a solution of oral rehydration fluid using Electral or Resomol solution at your home. Make your boyfriend drink it every half an hour. Give him direct sugars to eat.

It is best managed if you can take him to a nearby hospital. I suggest you this because alcohol binge can sometimes cause fatal arrhythmias as well.

Wish both of you a good health.
Answered: Wed, 13 Mar 2013
I find this answer helpful

2 Doctors agree with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor