Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
128 Doctors are Online

Getting angry over small things, avoid foods and water

Hi Doctor, I want to ask you about my sister. When she was small she use to tear the clothes with blade or scissor. She also tried commiting suicide once. NOw she is 30 years old. She is married. Her family is very good. Family members are nice however sometimes she gets lot of irritated or angry by small things. When she is angry she talk rubbish, avoid food and water for 2-3 days. She behave like this only when she is angry otherwise she is the best person I have ever seen. This time she was damn angry and when she opened the door, I saw she again tear or cut her new dresses and her husbands shirts. Doctor, do she need any treatment or this situation is fine when anyone is angry. please advise.
Asked On : Sun, 25 Mar 2012
Answers:  2 Views:  44
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Psychologist 's  Response
Dec 2015
Welcome to HCM
From your description, it is very clear that she has psychic disorder from childhood itself
It could be her personality. Irritability, behavioral disorder, depressive eposodes and my be destructive behavior.
You need to consult a psychologist / psychiatrist for proper diagnosis and treatment.
She can be cured or her problems with medicines and psychotherapy and meditation techniques.
Wish her speedy recovery.
Answered: Mon, 6 May 2013
I find this answer helpful
General & Family Physician Dr. Ramesh M.Vachharajani's  Response
Welcome to HCM,
It seems that she is having behavioral disorder since childhood and Depression.
Consult Psychiatrist and get her examined as she had suicidal tendency in the past which may create big problem in the future.
She require counseling along with medicines.
Ok and take care.
Answered: Sun, 25 Mar 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor