Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
176 Doctors are Online

Getting angry. Very possessive. Counseling?

hi my name is abi.. i am not able to find what is my problem is. .. i am getting very much angry to my girlfriend. this happens to me alone to her not to others.. to others i am very social . if i feel someone close to me i will become over possessive. i don't know how to overcome this problem..i feel i need some counsel or something like that..
Asked On : Thu, 2 May 2013
Answers:  4 Views:  39
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Psychiatrist 's  Response
Hi Abin,
Thanks for using healthcare magic.

I have gone through your available history.

Yes, out of possessiveness, we usually become over protective and bit suspicious. Because of this, You get anger whenever she does not follow you.

You should go for counselling and couple therapy which will help you to come out of this.
Answered: Thu, 2 May 2013
I find this answer helpful

 1 user finds this helpful

Psychiatrist Dr. Ashish Mittal's  Response
welcome to Healthcare Magic.

There are following possibilities for your anger and possessiveness:
-Adjustment problem due to interpersonal issues
-Personality issues

Treatment is needed only when problem causes significant personal distress or social/occupational dysfunctions. Get yourself evaluated by psychologist. Counseling or any other form of treatment will depend on evaluation findings.

Wish you all the best.

Dr Ashish Kumar Mittal
Answered: Thu, 2 May 2013
I find this answer helpful

 1 user finds this helpful

Psychologist Dr. K. V. Anand's  Response
Dec 2015

Your problem is definitely possessiveness (with available history you gave).
Anger is the out come of protectiveness.
Anger is bad for body metabolism in any situation.
Need to keep anger away, not anger control, for anger is emotion.
Get to know yourself through a good counselor / psychologist.
Know that you own nothing / nobody in the materiel world (that includes you).
Everything is passe.
Wear sportive and health attitude.
Wish you good future.
Answered: Thu, 2 May 2013
I find this answer helpful

 1 user finds this helpful

General & Family Physician Dr. Saloni Shah's  Response
Hi & thanks for your Q on HCM
I feel you need to see counsellor / do self managed cognitive behavioural therapy ( if you put anger management in search engines ) you will get some idea re what CBT will be appropriate for you.
Relaxation techniques also will help you.
Is there any other stress related symptoms underlying as that also needs addressing
Hope you find this helpful
Answered: Thu, 2 May 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor