Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
188 Doctors are Online

Get stressed easily, head feels like exploding, failure in exams despite of efforts. Is there a way to relax?

I don t really know what my problem is.. I get stressed out so quickly--so easily at almost everything. I m going to be graduating from high school this summer and everything leading up to this point has my head feeling like it s going to explode every day. I put off my college search because of fear to go, and because of that, I ended up applying to so many places now I just can t keep track. I studied so hard for my SATs and failed. Failing has become a trend ever since. Before the SATs, I felt motivated to study, to actively do my work. Now, despite how hard I try, I fail. I feel that I m failing at literally everything I do now. I can t pass an AP Biology test. Despite my hours of reading and taking notes, it doesn t work. There s so much to this college application process I want to stop. I get so stressed out I can t think about trying to finish my homework. I have a 10 page paper due Friday and I haven t decided my topic. I m tired. I don t want to do anything. I just want to sleep and pretend that college isn t happening for another 4 years. I don t really know what I m asking for. Is there a way for me to be relax about it and believe that everything happens for a reason because honestly, at this point, that sounds like bologna. Will I ever be as laid-back as I want to be?
Asked On : Fri, 11 Jan 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  27
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Psychiatrist 's  Response
Thanks for choosing health care magic for posting your query.
From the description that you have given, its although difficult to comment on with confidence, but it seems that you may be having depression at this point of time. Your symptoms of hopelessness, sadness, not interested and reduced pleasure are all suggesting the diagnosis.
You should consult a psychiatrist who can guide you on these issues. He will conduct an interview and then train you in some behavioral therapies and also prescribe you certain drugs that can make you feel better.
Hope I have answered your query. I will be more than happy to help you if you need any further clarifications.
In case if you want to discuss with me directly you can use the link:
Wish you a good health!
Answered: Tue, 15 Jan 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor