Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
156 Doctors are Online

Gestation period. USG shows no abnormality. High risk of trisomy. Suggest

hello, my wife is 37 yrs old presently in 11th weeks 3 days of gestation. She is a gynecologist & obstetrician by profession. On undergoing 1st trimester screening the results of biochemical markers are paap-a- 0.1mg/L (0.285 MOM), free B- hcg - 0.0 mIU/ml (0.2MoM). Nuchal trnslusency 2.2mm (1.380 MOM), it has given High risk of trisomy 18 is 1/2. risk of Trisomy 21 is 1/734. USG pelvis shows no abnormalities. What would you sugeest? Thanking you in anticipation. Yours sincerely, Dr. Vijay
Asked On : Sat, 15 Sep 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  70
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Sep 2012
Hi, welcome to HCM i am Dr Das
From your history it is evident that there is increasedchance of trisomy. So, i suggest to go for chronic villous sampling. If that also reveals same thing then this pregnancy should be terminated.
Answered: Sun, 16 Sep 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor