Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
191 Doctors are Online

Genetic benign arrythmia, taking Bystolic. Can I take potassium supplements?

I have been diagnosed with a genetic benign arrythmia (although I have forgotten the exact term the dr. used). I take bystolic . I have commenced a high protein low carb diet for weight loss. Included in this diet is the use of potassium supplements. My husband is on the same diet and because he takes Altace for his high blood pressure, he was told not to take the Potassium supplements. My question is can I take the potassium or should I not take it
Asked On : Tue, 23 Oct 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  181
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Topics
Cardiologist 's  Response
potassium is like double edge sward
level of potassium critically balance in body by kidney
low level as well as high level of potassium can cause arrythmia in otherwise normal healthy person also , as you have a genetic benign arrythmia you must be care ful in taking potassium supplementation
at all if it required then regularly check your kidney function and potassium level
take care
Answered: Wed, 24 Oct 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor