Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
149 Doctors are Online

Gender identity crisis, attracted to men, in love with a girl. How can I get over this?

Good day Doc, Please help me, I really need someone to talk to if there is any solution to the problem that I am having right now. I am suffering from a gender identity crisis and I m really confused with myself. I m a male and in a relationship with my girlfriend for almost 3 years. I love my girlfriend but it seems that I am attracted to men. I don t know what s wrong with me. I really need help. What are the things that I need to do. I don t have any experience with male to male intimate relationship coz I am controlling myself and I don t want to cheat my girlfriend coz I love her very much. I just want to become straight guy doc. Thank you and I hope you ll give me useful answers and recommendations pertaining to my problem. Thank you so much and more power.
Asked On : Thu, 5 Jul 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  42
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Topics
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Hi mysteryman123185.

Thanks for your questions.

You are suffering from gender identity disorder where a male/female thinks his/her mind as opposite sex and they attract with person of same sex.But actually why it happens no body knows and we dont have any preventive measure for that neither we have any drug to control them.
The best therapy is psychoeducation or psychological counselling and that help a lot to cope up with the problem so please visit a psychiatrist and tell your problem in detail,he will surely help you.

Best wishes.
Answered: Thu, 5 Jul 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor