Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
171 Doctors are Online

Gastro Entrology, Please advise us how toproceed further

Hello Doctor, My father-in-law is of 59 yrs old. He is residing in chennai. He used to vomit once in every 15 days with right side of the chest pain. He gets tired out easily after vomiting. We consulted a leading Gastro Entrologists in Chennai and initially he asked him to take medicine for 10 days and then asked to take CT scan. Scan Report has the impression that " CT upper abdomen (plain and contrast). Gall bladder is adequately distended. There is a gross irregular thickening of the GB wall mainly at the fundus. Significant pericholecystic fat stranded noted. Wall thickening noted in the duodenal cap. The CDP is prominent with wall thickening noted. Impression: CT features are suggestive of grossly thickened irregular GB wall (screening ultra sound showed an echogenic lesion attached to the fundus of the gall bladder). Please advise us how toproceed further.
Asked On : Wed, 14 Apr 2010
Answers:  1 Views:  432
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Lab Tests
Medical Topics
  Anonymous's Response

I think the GB distension is the reason for his repeated vomitings. This may suggest a chronic cholecystitis. You may consider a surgical intervention with the Gastroenterologist if the symptoms are troublesome. Ofcourse the other factors like Diabetes, High BP etc are considered for surgery. So pre surgical evaluation to be done.

Answered: Sun, 18 Apr 2010
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor