Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
184 Doctors are Online

Gas problems in a baby. Colic acid or coil cure?

hai my baby is 3 weeks old now.she has got gas doctor has adviced me to give coli cure pain killer.i was giving her colicaid she had severe pain now again i have started giving her coli cure.i am confused now .which is good for her colic aid or coli cure.morning i gave her colic aid and now coli cure.pls suggest
Asked On : Fri, 14 Sep 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  369
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
Pediatrician, Cardiology 's  Response
Thanks for the query
Colicaid contains simethicone which can be used in infancy, other drug which can be used in infant is Dicyclomine (Colimex). Colicure contains drotavarine and it should not be used in infancy. So better give her colicaid.
Here are some suggestions:

Do not overfeed! Stick to your baby's regular feeding schedule of timing and amount of milk taken.
Avoid milk products ("you don't have to drink milk to make milk"), caffeine, onions, cabbage, beans, broccoli, and other gas-producing, irritating foods.
Take a break! When the anxiety, fear, and tension get to be too much (or perhaps an hour before!), try to have someone else watch the baby, even for an hour, and leave the house. Try to keep a positive attitude.
I hope this answers your query well
Wish you and your family good health
With regards
Answered: Sat, 15 Sep 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor