Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
183 Doctors are Online

Gas or something else ?

Hi, I am a 22 year old male. I have been having constant dull ache like cramp in the periumbilical region. Maybe about 2 inches left but in line with my navel. The pain only seems to come on when I am lying down. When I get up and walk around, the pain is completely gone but returns when I lie down flat on my back again. I don't have any associated bloating or gas such as belching or flatulence before, during or after the pain. Can this still be some sort of trapped gas? The pain has only happens once every few months and only lasts for a few hours but what has me worried is that it is localized always in the same spot and the pain is unique (not typical colicky gas pains but a more steady ache). I have already had a colonoscopy done because of maroon coloured bleeding with biopsies that show no evidence IBD. All that was found was prominent nodular lymphoid hyperplasia of the terminal ileum.

Asked On : Tue, 13 Apr 2010
Answers:  1 Views:  315
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures
Medical Topics
  Anonymous's Response

This could be a gaseous distension, but there are other possibilities as well. It could be a muscular aching or an enteritis like presentation. Also appendix should always be suspected. So  I advise you to get a Gastroenterologist's consultation done and then come to conclusions.

Answered: Sat, 17 Apr 2010
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor