Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
141 Doctors are Online

Ganglion cyst on wrist. Operation?

I have a kind of growth on my wrsit. I showed to to doctor and he said that it is Ganglion cyst and needs to be operated. But I had not undergone operation and it disappeared suddenly when i fall down and my hand got pressed. Now, after aroung 4-5 months i realised that it has come back. Please suggest that operation is the only cure or it can be removed by medicines also. Thanks
Asked On : Mon, 16 Apr 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  590
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures
Medical Topics
Cosmetic & Plastic Surgeon 's  Response
ganglion over wrist are collection of vicid material secreted by a layer over the tendons of wrist. you get them if you are suffering from Rheumatoid or do excessive physical labour involving wrists or thyroid problems or pregnancy. so check what is the cause. trauma also contributes. the solution would be to get it removed by a hand not take steroid injections into it as advocated by some because they would worsen the condition
Answered: Tue, 17 Apr 2012
I find this answer helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor