Ganglion cyst on wrist. Operation?

I have a kind of growth on my wrsit. I showed to to doctor and he said that it is Ganglion cyst and needs to be operated. But I had not undergone operation and it disappeared suddenly when i fall down and my hand got pressed. Now, after aroung 4-5 months i realised that it has come back. Please suggest that operation is the only cure or it can be removed by medicines also. Thanks
Mon, 28 May 2012
Cosmetic & Plastic Surgeon 's  Response
ganglion over wrist are collection of vicid material secreted by a layer over the tendons of wrist. you get them if you are suffering from Rheumatoid or do excessive physical labour involving wrists or thyroid problems or pregnancy. so check what is the cause. trauma also contributes. the solution would be to get it removed by a hand surgeon.do not take steroid injections into it as advocated by some because they would worsen the condition