Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
183 Doctors are Online

Gall bladder stone, uterus problems. Advised laparoscopic surgery for stone, open vaginal surgery. Suggestions?

My mother has stone in gall bladder and have uterus problems too.. Doctors have adviced for laproscopic surgery for stone and then open vaginal surgery after 3-4days. My mother has Thyroid problem and haemoglobin is around 10.She already had two stomach operations long back(apendics and cesarean birth)..We are from Patna..AFMC Pune will be good or should we go for Patna only for the surgery..???And what other important suggestions will you give???
Asked On : Fri, 8 Mar 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  65
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
Gastroenterologist, Surgical 's  Response
thanks for writing in HCM.
The first issue is which problem is causing symptoms? Gallstones or the uterine one. The one which is symptomatic needs to be attended first. Allow a gap of at least 12 weeks for full recovery until you consider the second surgery. Operating both the conditions at an interval of 3-4 days in a patient with medical problems could cause complications. Hence it is wiser to play self and allow the patient to full tolerate each surgery properly.The place where you get operated does not matter. what matters is the qualifications and expertise of the surgeon.
Answered: Sat, 9 Mar 2013
I find this answer helpful

 1 user finds this helpful

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor