Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
151 Doctors are Online

Gall bladder distended, asked for surgical removal. Sludge removed, stent placed in CBD. Advice required?

Hi i 48 yr old having gall bladder attack where some sludge has been stuck in CBD and my pancrease was inflamed and gall bladder was distended and having tiny calculi less than 3 mm . my lipase was 8999 u/l and billrubin 2.3 . doctor done the ERCP and removed the sludge and put a stent in CBD. now they are asking for surgical removal of gallbladder and i am afraid of that. please advice
Asked On : Fri, 29 Jun 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  121
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Hi Bipin,
Thanks for writing in.
I think removing the gall bladder would be a good step ahead for you, so that the sludge does not accumulate again. This sludge can block the stent again and will predispose you to pancreatitis as well.
This is a small procedure and has a minimal rate of complications.
Hope that helps
Answered: Fri, 29 Jun 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor