Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
151 Doctors are Online

Gad problems, burning after urination, breathlessness, mid/lower side of back hurts. Please guide thru this situation?

Hi, I would like some information if at all possible about some labs I have had for some time now. I have gad problems burning after urination for a number of years now. I have never been to a urologist or nephraologist over this problem, however, my OB/GYN (the only physician I regularly saw) stated my problem was an inflammation or the area where my ureters and urethra meet and that I would be on antibiotics for most of my life for this issue, I am 28 yrs old. I was also told that a urologist would tell me the same thing regarding the inflammation, therefore I never pursued anything further. In June of this year I had another flare up after 3 days of suffering I decided when I woke up at 3:00 in the morning with the feeling I could not get my breath and hurting all over that when I went to work in the morning that I would talk to my CFNP and get a CBC and UA. My WBC s came back as 24.5 and as usual i had 3+ blood in my urine with no significant growth of an organism (4,000 colonies). My records shows nearly 11 yrs of 3+ blood in my UA but no answer as to why. Lately the right mid/lower side of my back hurts, is senitive to touch, and I have noticed when lying on my right side it is slightly painful. Today I had a repeat UA and had a trace of protein , I am currently in the process of getting in with a specialist. I would really greatly appreciate any kind of information concerning this problem.
Asked On : Mon, 6 Aug 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  84
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
General & Family Physician 's  Response

You are doing the right thing by consulting your urologist. It would be best to get an ultrasound done to visualise the kidneys, ureters and bladder. The possibilities could be an infection in the kidney( Acute Pyelonephritis) , Stones in the urinary tract( renal calculi/ ureteric calculi) etc.

Please drink plenty of water to flush out the toxins. A glass of cranberry juice might help.Please empty your bladder at regular intervals. Abstain from sexual intercourse till the infections clears .

Hope this helps.

Dr. Divya Kuttikrishnan

Answered: Tue, 7 Aug 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor