Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
133 Doctors are Online

GOUT getting worse in oldage. What medications can help? Will body cope dehydration?

Hi, I have a very close family member who has had gout for a number of year. She has been on several medications over these years but nothing has worked. The gout has got worse and worse and she is 84 years old and in severe pain daily. She has now been taken into hospital and given tables to blast the gout but her body could not cope with this treatment. She is now very dehydrated and on a drip due to the severe diarreah . Can you please give me your honest opinion and advise?
Asked On : Wed, 27 Jun 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  15
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Homeopath 's  Response
hi i had gone through your query and understand your concerns. i would suggest him taking Homeopathic medicines gives safe and permanent cure for his GOUT and GOUTY ARTHRITIS complaints

how homeopathy can help him?

-The selection of medicines in homeopathy is based upon the theory of individualization and symptoms similarity by using holistic approach. This is the only way through which a state of complete health can be regained by removing all the sign and symptoms from which the patient is suffering.

- The aim of homeopathy is not only to treat GOUT and GOUTY ARTHRITIS but to address its underlying cause and individual susceptibility.

- As far as therapeutic medication is concerned, several medicines are available for GOUT and GOUTY ARTHRITIS treatment that can be selected on the basis of -causation,
- modalities and
-concomitant of the complaints.
For individualized remedy selection and treatment, the patient should consult a qualified homeopathic doctor in person.

I hope this is helpful for you, thank you          

Answered: Mon, 21 Oct 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor