Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
175 Doctors are Online

G6PD deficient,bad smelly gas,prone to infections. Recommendations??

Hi doc,
I have few kid is 45 days old and is G6PD are my queries.
1.after giving gripe water he is still having colic/gas pain .pls advice if i can give anything else to cure this and make him feel better.
2.he passes really bad smelly it normal?coz i read newborns dont smell.
3.i have to travel by flight,when can i take him on there any precaution required to carry such a small kid in plane with so many people.i mean for INFECTION.
Asked On : Wed, 9 Oct 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  66
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Oct 2013
hello dear
thanks for your query at HCM
gripe water is not recommended for colic , stop using it.
if child has colic give colic aid drops 8 drops before feeding that will help .
children can pass smelly stools its common, if its really foul smelling and you cana see pus then you need doctor consultation.
there is no age limit for flight travel, but avoid travel till child is atleast 6 months and also immunity will improve by that time
Answered: Wed, 9 Oct 2013
I find this answer helpful

2 Doctors agree with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor