Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
121 Doctors are Online

Fungal rash that turned into dry itchy skin, spread to palm size in genital area. How to get rid of this ?

I had a fungal rash that turned into dry itchy skin and due to scratching , it has become a rash and has spread to palm size in my gential area. It is red with little bumps and very itchy. It was weeping but now is dry. The skin is really smooth and sensitive and itchy. How can I get rid of this and get my skin back to normal? I m hesitant to use hydrocortisone but out of desperation I feel like I may have to. Please let me know what your suggestions are.
Asked On : Sat, 16 Feb 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  153
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
Dermatologist 's  Response
Thanks for writing to us.
from the description, it sounds like fungal infection only. To treat the same you may apply a steroid antifungal cream or mix hydrocortisone and clotrimazole in equal quantities and apply. Also take tablet cetirizine for few days to alleviate itching.
Once the lesions have completely subsided, dust the area with antifungal dusting powder to prevent further infection. If the lesion do not resolve, you may need a course of oral antifungal too.
Hope that answered your query.
Take care
Answered: Sat, 6 Jul 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor