Get your health question answered instantly from our pool of 18000+ doctors from over 80 specialties

179 Doctors Online
Doctor Image
Dr. Andrew Rynne

Family Physician

Exp 50 years

I will be looking into your question and guiding you through the process. Please write your question below.

Fungal infection on scalp.What should I do?

hi my name is rishabh.i am 22 years old i have fungal infection on my scalp for 3 years.i have loss my hair i am using caral solution,besa-6 ointment,and oncotrex tablets as a pl z tell me what i do?
Thu, 19 May 2011
Report Abuse
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions ,   ,   ,   ,   ,   ,  
  User's Response
's  Response
welcome to the healthcare magic forum,for better results choose homeopathy
Dermatologist Dr. Bharat Chawda's  Response
Hi! rishav,
Welcome To HealthcareMagic forum,

Rishav ,the treatment you are taking is not of fungal infection fact it seems to be of PSORIASIS .Did your treating doctor tell you that you have fungal infection or is that your guess.
The treatment of fungal infection is anti fungal medicines and not these which you are taking.
Kindly describe your basic skin problem in detail ,so that I can suggest you a good treatment option.Also tell me the diagnosis which your doctor had made for you.

I find this answer helpful
Dermatologist Dr. Bharat Chawda's  Response
Hi again,
rishav ,was it itchy anytime..if it was then with your description it could be fungal infection or a folliculitis.But then you were given completely different medicine .The one you are taking is for psoriasis.
If you can m ail me your snap (close up and one of whole scalp ) ,probably I can help you with the diagnosis.
My mail id is
For this you should consult a dermatologist rather than a general physician.

I find this answer helpful
  User's Response
rishav jaish's  Response
sir, abhi mere sar pe baal hai is liye mai iski photo nahi bhej sakta hu.par ye daad ke jaise dikhte hai aur in par dandruff bahut rahta hai jab inhe khujlata hu to blood aur ek ajib sa liquid type ka nikalta hai.ya daad pahle to chote chote rahte hai par dhire dhire ye failte jate hai. ye mere sine par, nak ke aas pass, kan ke piche, thodi par bhi hone lage hai.sar itni tez khujlata hai ki kuch puchiye na aur jab dhup me nikalta hu to aur bhi tej hone lagti hai.isse mere sarke aage ke side ke baal jane lage hai.khujlate itni tez hai ki na chahte hue bhi hamesha sar me hi hath rahta daado me redness rahti hai.mai inhe thik karne ke liye sab kuch try kar chuka hu.sar pe hath rakhne se dard bhi hota hai.
Dermatologist Dr. Bharat Chawda's  Response
Hello again,

I think you should consult a dermatologist soon.some features of your are suggestive of seborrheic dermatitis ,few of psoriasis and few of DLE.I would help you further if I had got to see the lesion .So consult a experienced dermatologist and follow the treatment.And also let me know what was his diagnosis.

I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]
Share on

Related questions you may be interested in

doctor1 MD

my sister just had her baby and the doctors said she has a fungal infection and so does the baby. they are both on antibiotics. Should the baby still get the hep b vaccine before leaving the hospital or is it better to wait until his 1st well baby visit?

doctor1 MD

Hi i had fungal infection last 1 year my doctor started my treatment azithromysin 1 time 3 days fluconazole 150 mg 1 in a week for 4 weeks and a cream banbact aftar complete this course situation was much better but not fully cure then my doctor given me some medicine of tetracycline group but still infection not fully cure. now what should i do my blood sugar level is normal .

doctor1 MD

hii m suffering from fungal infection on my chest n sides of my legs it is red rash n irritating n itchening. m using Hh zole its vry effective bt it comes again after some days n after using hh zole it leaves white patches n dry skin. m confused what to do should i continue wid Hh zole or go for Zole f..

Recent questions on  Athlete's foot

doctor1 MD

hello doctor, i have jock itch. i have had it once, but then, it was easy to cure with an oinment (zincoderm gm). i had been wihtout it for a year after that. But, it came back again, and i ve been affected for like 7 months now. it seems it became more resistant to oinments and its spreading.. i have tried using zincoderm and quadriderm cream, but they just seem to stop the growth of the fungus. They didnt kill them... and also the infection now is a little painful around the border of the infected area. should i use oral treatment. if, yes, how long would that be and what oinment should i use..

doctor1 MD

Dear Dr. For months now I have had tiny clear fluid filled blisters on my hands and feet. It started out looking like a foot fungus on my right foot & soon spread to my left hand & then my left foot & right hand. My primary Dr. gave me 20 days of Fluconazole 150mg & my hands cleared up but my feet didn t clear up all the way. It then turned into what looked like a severe burn & began to bleed & crack until I could hardly walk. I was sent to a dermatologist (nurse practitioner) who said it was psoriasis & I was given Clobetasol Propionate ointment & it cleared it up, but then it came right back & the ointment seems to have no effect on the clear fluid filled bumps until they have turned into a red, dry, sore...The ointment does nothing until the blisters have broken & turned into a painful mess. For some reason I don t think it s psoriasis, because the blisters are never filled with puss, just a clear water looking fluid, this has left me unable to even do housework at times & makes me fear working in my yard because of the pain on the bottom of my feet. What do you think I may have & what can or should I do? I also now have pitting on 5 of my finger nails & I think it was caused by those fungus pills, I don t know what I have. What do you think it could be & what should I do?? Please help! Thank you, Rob

doctor1 MD

I am a 65 year old female. I have dry, peeling feet and what appears to be a rash on the inside of both feet where my shoes ub.. I also have what appears to be a bunion on my right foot and circular sore on my right ankle bone that is very dry,...

doctor1 MD

I need a cure for a yeast infection on my face, ears and body. It consists of red worms Blue Worms straight lines and beetles and larvae please help me I'm putting athlete's foot medicine on my face and body it's killing them but I can't take it...

doctor1 MD

My toes on both feet are itching . It occurs 2-3 times a day for the last three days. I have tried athlete foot cream and now cortisone 10. The cream is only a quick fix and then it comes back. My blood counts are below scale and am working on...

doctor1 MD

Hi all, I know this is a common question judging by the other posts on the net all around. But none of these people explain the exact symptoms I am experiencing. I get these tiny little bubbles or blisters along the more sensitive skin on my feet (only the soles). IT DOES NOT appear anywhere else on my body. They look like tiny little blisters, and they itch like crazy. The worst part is, the more i scratch them, the more itchy they become. They are normally no larger than about 2mm at the most in diameter. And the only way that they stop itching is if i pick them open and drain the fluid inside them. The fuild that is secreted when i pick them open is a clear odorless fluid. It seems somewhat sticky. I do not have athletes foot. I have used anti fungal ointments for treatment of athletes foot, and it has not stopped whatever this is. I have also looked up the symptoms of dishidrotic eczema, and it is similar, but not 100% the same. And my feet do not look half as bad as some of the photo s i have come across with both athletes foot or dishidrotic eczema. I myself have to closely examine the area to spot these little blister things. It s driving me insane, and the only thing that stops the itch is bursting them, and applying peroxide to fizz out the bacteria, followed by tea trea oil and calamine lotion. Anyone got any ideas? I m losing my sanity here!

doctor1 MD

On the frenulum of my penis I get tears after any sort of masturbation or friction. I am circumcised but it bleeds a very little bit. It usually heals within one or two days but I am a guy and don’t want to wait for it to heal to do stuff and when I finally do it again it tears again. Sometimes it is dried and starts to be flaky and sometimes it is moist and I can use my fingers to rub the upper level of skin off. Lately It rips just from an erection. I don’t even have to use the erection.
•     Tearing and ripping cuts in my frenulum
•     Scarring
•     Flaking skin
•     Moist, soft, soggy skin, clammy
•     Light bleeding
•     Looks like road rash but not infected
•     No pain
•     Swelling in certain areas, raised like poison ivy looking bumps
•     FRENULUM BREVE: I am circumcised already and I am 29 and this problem has only been going on for 4 months.
•     STDs: I have been tested before and after my current relationship and came out clean.
•     FORE SKIN: I am circumcised.
•     YEAST INFECTION: It is possible that my girlfriend did have a yeast infection and passed it on.
•     FRICTION: It tears a little occasionally during sex but I have not had sex in months since I am in Iraq. I do masturbate but when it is bad I stop and when it is very minor I try not to even touch the spot. But no matter how light my touch is, it still creates cuts.
•     BACTERIA: Unknown.
•     JOCK ITCH: I don’t have any of the symptoms of jock itch except the skin becomes soft and moist occasionally.
•     ROUGH SEX: I am not having sex right now.
•     PROMISCUOUS BEHAVIOR: I have been in a faithful relationship for 9 months. She has also been faithful and the issue got worse after we separated. Before that it was over a year since my last sexual experience.
•     SIGNIFICANT OTHERS POSSIBLE SEXUAL DISEASES: My girlfriend has only been with one other man, only once before me. There is a chance he could have been infected, but she shows no signs of any sort of disease and she would have had it before me.
•     FINGER NAIL TEARS: I am careful not to use nails or dig in.
•     SKIN OVER THE HEAD OF PENIS: This does happen sometimes like when I sit but not often or long enough to cause this effect.
•     ENVIROMENTAL: My work place uses Port – 0 – john toilets and I know they have a ton of bacteria in them and sometimes my penis rubs the edge of the seat. The area mostly infected is the area that touches the front of the toilet seat.

•     Jock itch spray
•     Athletes foot spray
•     Hydrogen peroxide
•     Neosporin
•     Baby powder
•     Hydrocortisone cream
•     Abstinence
•     Air dry
•     Clean with soap and water
•     Asthma
•     High blood pressure
•     Liver disease, possibly Wilsons disease
•     Foot pain with nodules
•     Bacteria in an infected toe nail on my right big toe
•     Overweight