Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
128 Doctors are Online

Fungal infection of foot, persistent wound on foot since years, severe pain and mucus. Best treatment?

i just want to ask about foot s fungal infection .. a wound of foot which increces day 2 day and it is 4m 2 years (not healed up still) also much pain and mucus creates a problem please Dr. sugggests what to do and what not also please tell the best treatment and medicines for it and how long it will take 2 be healed up completly please help us soon.... we will b very thankful 2u.......:)
Asked On : Wed, 5 Dec 2012
Answers:  2 Views:  20
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Dear Concerned.,
Thanks for writing to us.
The age of the patient and the history of injury ,kind of discharge from the site /any treatment taken are relevant and not mentioned.We can not conclude that it is fungal infection without investigations.
Presuming that you are middle aged, kindly investigate the health problem.Most important complete haemogram,glycemic status,thyroid status,urinalysis,xray of the part,and Pus for culture and sensitivity.
In all probabality you may be suffering from Osteomyelitis with Diabetes Mellitus ,otherwise the injury would have healed by conventional treatment.
In addition, pls also check for your HIV status . Immunocompromised individuals will have the same type of problem.
Kindly consult an orthopedic Surgeon with all the reports for further course of management.
Wishing you a Speedy recovery.,
Best Regards.,
Dr Lt Cdr ASN Bhushan.

Answered: Wed, 5 Dec 2012
I find this answer helpful
General & Family Physician Dr. Neelam Ashish Vanjari's  Response

Thanks for writing in.
You have mentioned that you have fungal infection of foot since 2 years.
Non healing wound indicates chances of diabetes. If you are diabetic, make sure that your diabetes is under control.
Next step would be to do culture of discharge from wound which will help us to select proper antifungal against organism.

So consult your physician, and get test done. Once results are available make sure that you complete course of antifungal.

Beware of certain red flags like loss of peripheral pulsations and blackening of area in wound. You need to consult surgeon in that case.
I hope I have answered your query. In case of any doubt, please revert back.
Best regards,
Dr. Neelam.
Answered: Wed, 5 Dec 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor